The private pilot license (PPL) is a permit to fly aircraft in accordance with the guidelines of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO). It permits the worldwide non-commercial operation of aircraft of various categories and classes.
The PPL(A) license lays the foundation for all the possibilities of your flying career. Regardless of whether you want to fly privately or for business, everything starts with the PPL.
With this license and the corresponding class rating (SEP) you are entitled to fly aircraft up to a take-off weight of 5.7 tons. In addition, this license can be extended by further corrections such as night flying, aerobatics, instructor rating or instrument flying.
The theoretical training can be carried out in face-to-face classes or as a distance learning course.
It comprises 100 hours in the subjects:
- Air law
- General aircraft knowledge
- Flight performance and flight planning
- Operational procedures
- Human performance
And is completed with the theory test at the responsible state aviation authority.
The practical training consists of at least 45 flying hours, of which at least:
- 25 hours training with flight instructor
- 10 hours solo flight with flight assignment, including at least five hours cross-country flight.
The practical examination takes place immediately after the training.
- Minimum age for obtaining a license 17 years (16 years at the start of training)
- Class 2 medical certificate of fitness to fly
- Background check(ZÜP)
- Extract from the central traffic register (KBA)